Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bible Scripture Reading

"Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 24 October 2012"

Today's Blog Title: "God's Unfaithful People"
Today's Blog Scripture Reading: Hosea 2:1-23
Today's Blog key Verse: Hosea 2:23 'Then I will sow her for myself in the earth, and I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy; then I will say to those who were not My people, "You are My people!" and they shall say, "You are my God."

"Your mother" in verse 2, is Israel, the "children" are individual Israelites.  Both the historic nation and contemporary individuals are guilty of spiritual adultery in forsaking Almighty God. 

Verse 8, is one of Scriptures most touching verses.  God keeps on supplying us with good things, even when we do not acknowledge Him.  Even when we use His good gifts to finance our wickedness.  How amazing God's Grace and patience!  When patience does not bear fruit, God has other methods.  One is to withdraw the blessing and let us experience the consequences of our sins.

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her" the Lord here would seek to win the nation of Israel back by making romantic overtures and wooing her with tender words of love.  A relationship with God looks more attractive from the depths of discipline than the pinnacle of prosperity.

The words "I will betroth you to Me forever" in verse 19, shows us that God acts in Love, Compassion, Faithfulness, and Justice, all to win His people to Himself.  Our part is to respond to His initiatives, and to acknowledge Him.

When we acknowledge God, He responds to us and showers us with blessings.  And the greatest blessing of all?  "I will say to those people...You are My people"; and they will say, "You are my God."

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day. Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness. Love God More Today. Always remember that when you have a spiritual, emotional, physical, or financial dilemma in your life, and you yell out, "I CAN'T," God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN."

Click on this link www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com for a Bible Verse Writing from Exodus 3:5.

JESUS REIGNS!!!  May God's Love, Peace, Strength, and grace be with you all.

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment