Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bible Scripture and Hymn for Sunday 15 May 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "Lament of a Dedicated Man"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 40:1-17
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 40:1,2  "I wait patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.  He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps."

Psalm 40 is a psalm of declarative praise that moves into a psalm of lament.  This psalm is a remarkable example of how troubles and difficulties forced David to depend continually on the Lord.  

Deeply thankful for all God has done, David has fully dedicated himself to the Lord.  Yet David cries out for mercy, for even total commitment has not given him an easy life.  Although 'poor and needy", David rejoices in the Lord, "my help and deliverer."  His petition is a plea for deliverance from his enemies, but it is wider than that.  It showed David's concern about the triumph of all righteous people.

This psalm has seven parts: (1) a report of deliverance (verses 1-3); (2) instruction to the people to commit their lives to the Lord (verse 4,5); (3) a confession about worship (verses 6-8); (4) a report to God of the fulfillment of the vow of praise (verses 9,10); (5) a renewed lament (verses 11,12); (6) a set of petitions for deliverance (verses 13-15); (7) continuing praise in the midth of trouble (verses 16,17).

Today's Hymn: "Victory In Jesus"

I heard an old, old story, how a Savior came from glory
How He gave His life on Calvary, to save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning, of His precious blood's atoning
Then I repented of my sins, and won the victory
O victory in Jesus, My Savior forever
He sought me bought me, with His redeeming blood;
He loved me 'ere I knew him, and all my love is due Him
He plunged me to victory, beneath that cleansing flood

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  Thank you for saving us from the horrible pit of sin.  Place in our hearts Lord a song of rejoicing and praise.  Open our eyes, our minds and our hearts to your voice and grant us understanding so that we can truly obey You.  Surround us with Your warmeth, Your comfort and Your strength.
                                                                                                            Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The Lord's salvation prompts us to praise God"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from Galatians 5:22,23.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi






    

No comments:

Post a Comment