Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bible Scripture for Saturday 30 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "God's Power Unveiled in Nature"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 29:1-11
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 29:1,2  "Give unto the Lord, O you mighty ones, Give unto the Lord the glory due His name; Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness."

Psalm 29 is a worship psalm, but it is also  a royal psalm that uses striking language to assert the sovereign reign of the Almighty.  

A thunderstorm  towers majestically above the Promised Land arousing David's praise and sparking the realization that it's the Lord who is enthroned in nature.  Surely so great a God is able to strengthen and bless His people.

This psalm has 3 parts:

(1) A call to the angels and all people to acknowledge  the supremacy of God (verse 1,2)
(2) A description of the living God as Lord over storms (verses 3-9)
(3) A blessing from God, which is enthroned as King on high, to His people (verses 10,11)

Today's Hymn: "Wellspring"

River of Joy flowing deep in my soul,
Wellspring of Life won't you come make me whole
Water the desert of my thirsting days,
Fountain of love, hear my sweet song of praise
I sing with joy as I rest in You, I  sing with faith as I trust in You
I sing with love as I worship You: Wellspring of Life,come and make me new

Heavenly Father. Lord Jesus Holy Spirit  As we look out at the beauty of your creation and the beauty it still shows even in this decaying sinful world we are grateful for your marvelous works and we look forward to the New Heaven and the New Earth were we will be amazed by Your handiwork.
                                                                                                            Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The Lord will give strength,  and there is none other, that can empower His people" 

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today' Bible Verse form Colossians 1:21,22.

Have God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord wit Gladness,  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T"'  God Whisper to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi




No comments:

Post a Comment