Friday, May 27, 2011

Bible Scripture for Thursday 26 May 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "Confession of Sin"
Today's Scripture Reading:  Psalm 51:1-19
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 51:1,2  "Have mercy upon me, O God, According to Your lovingkindness; According to the multitude of Your tender mercies.  Blog out my transgression.  wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin."

From the superscription we learn that Psalm 51 was written sometime after David's sin with Bathsheba.  The psalm gives expression to why David was "a man after God's own heart": he was not perfect, but he had a sensitivity to sin that few know about.

In verses 2 and 3 you will see the use of the first person singular: mine iniquity, my sin, my transgressions.  After David asks God forgiveness and and confesses his guilt, David prays for inner renewal and promises thanksgiving and ministry. The passage clearly teaches that those who have failed God may be restored to the service of God.

David's cry here may reflect only the fear, not the reality, of losing the Spirit, and being rejected by God.  Thus, he asks God to restore the the joy of his salvation, not salvation itself. 

Today's Hymn:  "Since Jesus Came Into My Heart" (verse 1)

What a wonderful change in my life has been wrought, since Jesus came into my heart
I have light in my soul for which long I have sought, since Jesus came into my heart
Since Jesus came into my heart, since Jesus came into my heart
Floods of joy o'er my soul, like sea billows roll
Since Jesus came into my heart

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  How thankful we are that when we as Christians slip and fall we still have Your forgiving grace when we approach You and confess our sins.  It's so great to know that we have the light of the world dwelling with us that lights our path on those occasions when we have the storms and trials of life.  Life is much better since Jesus came into my heart.
                                                                                                                      Amen

Today's Biblical Truth:  "Walking in the truth means having an authentic relationship with God.  Our walk with the Lord, if genuine, must be based upon His Word"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from Exodus 20:16 and is Commandment number nine of the Ten Commandments of God"

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in you life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment