Monday, December 27, 2010

Bible Verse and Hymn for Monday 27 December

"Good Morning Everyone in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

                                                                  Genesis 1:1


In the opening Chapter, in the Book of Genesis we read "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."  The Book of Genesis gives us more than an account of creation.  It also describes other beginnings.  The fall of humanity into sin and the beginning of God's plan to rescue us from our sins.

The first 11 Chapters tell us about creation, sin, judgment, languages, races and marriage.  In Chapter 12 we see the main topic in the Book of Genesis and that is God's sovereign call to Abram and Sarai and the beginning of God's chosen people.

In the next several days we will take a tour through the Book of Genesis and we will see that even in the beginning of creation, as God created Adam and Eve He was already working on a plan to save us from our sins. 

What a wonderful, Loving, Caring and Gracious God we serve.  He loved us so much that all through the Old Testament we are told of the promise of a coming Messiah that would come and save His people from there sins.  Jesus was the fulfillment of that promise. 

So please come with me as we take the next few days to talk about God's wonderful creation and God's plan to bless all nations through Abraham's descendant's and how God chose to begin His plan of redemption for the entire world through them.

Why should I be discouraged, why should the shadows come
Why should my heart be lonely and long for heaven and home
When Jesus is my portion, my constant friend is He
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know that He watches me
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know that He watches me
I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free
For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know that He watches me

Heavenly Father, We are so thankful, that you knew even before you created the universe, and this planet we live on, that Jesus, your only Son, would have to become the sacrificial lamp, on the cross of Calvary for our sins.  You are an all loving, all caring, and all gracious God and we love You and Worship Your most Holy Name.
                                                                          Amen

"Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus"
                                                                Romans 3:24-26

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day and seek God in all that you do.

Yours in Christ
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment