Monday, December 20, 2010

Daily Bible Verse and Hymn for Monday 20 December

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

For the past 11 days I did a series on the Old Testament Predictions and the New Testament Fulfillment's of the birth of Jesus.  The prophecies that was discussed was The Messiah would be the seed of a woman, The Messiah would be a descendant of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, and David, The Messiah would be anointed and eternal, The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem, The Messiah would be born of a virgin, The Messiah's birth would trigger a slaughter of children. The Messiah would also come from Egypt. 

In studying the Bible I learn more and more about God.  I learn that God is Loving, Caring, Faithful, and Wonderful.  I have learned that the Old Testament statements that the Messiah (Jesus Christ) will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace is true because He is all that to me in my life. 

I am thankful that that God promises that when we accept Him into our life's that He will send His Holy Spirit into our life's to help us in our daily walk with Him.  I am thankful that In His Word He tells us that He will be with us in our trails and tribulations and that is a most comforting thought.

In His Word he tells us that He goes to prepare a place for us and that if He goes to prepare a place for us He will come again.  He is building us a mansion.  Wow!!!  My Lord and Savior is building us who believe in Him a Mansion where we will walk the streets of gold.  How do I know this? Because He told me in His Word and He lives within my heart.  

Jesus knocks on your hearts door asking to come in.  Will you let Him in so that He can go build your mansion today?  Jesus loves you and as it says in His Word "Jesus is the same Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.  What a friend we have in Jesus.

After the Holiday's the next topic that we will look at will be the Major Bible Themes.  They will include Faithfulness, Love, Justice, Judgment, Mercy, Truth, Holiness, and Missions.  I am looking forward to starting the New Year with these Themes.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me I pray
Bless all the dear children, in thy tender care
And fit us for heaven to live with Thee there

Heavenly Father, Thank you for the Bible your Holy Word.  Thank you for the words contained in it that tell us of your love, your mercy and your grace.  Thank you for your Son Jesus whom You gave to us on that starry night in Bethlehem that would take away the sins of the world.
                                                                   Amen

"My little children, these things I write to you, so that you might not sin.  And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.  And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
                                                             1 John 2:1-2

Have a God Filled and a Spirit Led Day

Yours In Christ
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment