Friday, April 29, 2011

Bible Scripture for Friday 29 April 2011

Today's Blog Title: "A Cry for Mercy"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 28:1-9
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 28:6,7  "Blessed be the Lord, Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!  The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him."

David in this psalm calls on God, asking Him to show that He distinguishes between  the wicked and the godly.  Sure that God has heard his prayer, David is moved to praise.  

There are some prayers that we can be sure God will answer, because they are so intimately bound up with who He is, or with His revealed purposes.  When we pray for something that we know is in God's will or purposes, our hearts too should leap for joy.

This psalm has four parts:

(1) An appeal to God that He is not silent (verses 1,2)
(2) A petition to be distinguished from the wicked and their deserved punishment (verses 3-5)
(3) A blessing of the Lord for His work in the psalmist life (verses 6,7)
(4) Praise for the Lord who delivers his anointed and His people (verses 8,9)

Today's Hymn: "Psalm 5"

Give ear to my words, O Lord, Consider my mediation,
Hearken unto the voice of my cry, My King and my God
For unto Thee will I pray, My voice shall Thou hear in the morning
O Lord, in the morning will I direct my prayer, Unto Thee, and will look up

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  Thank You for being our Great Shepherd and for Your Love and Concern for Us.  Thank You for the honor and privilege that we have because of Jesus to come before You Boldly, and presenting our prayer request and laying at Your throne.  Help us to pray O Lord that we might know Your Will for our life's.
                                                                                                   Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "One day the wicked will have to acknowledge God as their Creator and give Him the Glory He deserves"

Clink on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from Romans 1:16,17.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours In Christ,
Cindi  

No comments:

Post a Comment