Monday, November 21, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Monday 21 November 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus for 21 November 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "What God Is Looking For"
Today's Scripture Reading: John 4:1-54
Today's Key Verse: John 4:23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such worship Him."

When Jesus is traveling through Samaria He engages a woman at the well in conversation. When Jesus speaks of the "Living Water" that He can provide that would quench her deepest thirst, and that He knows her sins, she turns the conversation to a theological controversy.  

The phrase "Living Water" indicates a spring of flowing water in contrast to water in a well.  Jesus is speaking of humanity's greatest thirst, for a right relationship with God.  The woman is thinking of physical thirst.  When people know what God is willing to do for them, all as a free gift, then and only then are they able to face their sins and seek the Lord.

Sin is not threatening when the sinner realizes punishment is not an issue.  God is seeking worshipers.  He isn't looking for for new ways to judge us.  When the woman linked this message of hope to the Messiah, and Jesus announced He was the Promised One then she was ready to surrender all.

Convinced that Jesus is the Messiah, the woman hurries to call her fellow villagers out to see Him.  The salvation of the woman at the well is deeply satisfying to Jesus.  The Samaritan's come out to the well to see Jesus for themselves.  Jesus stayed two more days with them and many more are saved.  The message of Salvation will set off a chain reaction.  One who is won to the Lord will lead to many, many more.

When Jesus leaves Samaria and arrives back into Galilee, Jesus is approached by a royal official desperate over the illness of his son.  The nobleman is said to have believed twice, once in verse 50 and again in verse 53.  In verse 50, he believed Jesus' promises that his son would not die.  But believing that Jesus can and will heal is not enough to save.  What was it that the nobleman believed in Verse 53?  

The answer to that question is found in verse in verse 54.  The miracle of his sons healing was His second sign.  These signs were performed so that the people might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God and that by believing they might have life.  

When the Jewish nobleman realized that his son had been healed, he knew that Jesus was more than just a mortal.  The nobleman placed his faith in Jesus along with his household and they were saved.

Today's Hymn: "I can Only Imagine"

I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see, When Your face is before me, I can only imagine
I can only imagine when that day comes, When I find myself standing in the Son
I can only imagine
I can only imagine what I will do forever, Forever worship You, I can only imagine
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for You Jesus or in awe of You be still
Will I stand in Your Presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all, I can only imagine
I can only imagine, when all I will do is forever, forever worship You,
I can only imagine

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, may we like the woman at the well, listen to the Holy Spirits guiding, and go out and bring others to Your free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ Your Son.  May we, as like the nobleman believe and have faith in what you say in Your Word and in our hearts, and worship you each and every day of our life's here on this our temporary home, till one day we will be able to stand in Your Presence and forever and ever worship You.

Today's Biblical Truth: "God is Spirit, worship Him in spirit and truth"

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness. Love God More Today.  Pray for our Brothers and Sister in Christ who are being persecuted for their Faith and Trust in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Also pray for the Nation of Israel.  Always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T", God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

                                                         


   

No comments:

Post a Comment