Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Tuesday 1 November 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus for 1 November 2011"

Today's writing will conclude the Book of Hebrews.  Tomorrow God Willing we will start in the Book of James.  If anyone reading these and you would like to see a Book of the Bible as a Study on this Blog Site please feel free to contact me at: cindilynn53@yahoo.com.  Also anyone who wishes to comment on these writings can email me as well.  

Today's Blog Title: "Jesus the Same Yesterday, Today and Forever"
Today's Scripture Reading: Hebrews 13:1-25
Today's Key Verses:

Hebrews 13:5,6 "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have.  For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.  What can man do to me?"

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever."

The Book of Hebrews ends with a series of exhortations to the us concerning how to live the life of faith.  We as believers are to keep on loving (verses 1-5a), and to keep on trusting God (verses 5b-6).

Believers are to continue responding to their leaders (verses 7-8), and the whole community is to keep on praising God (verses 9-16).  After two more exhortations, one concerning leaders (verse 17) and the other prayer (verses 18,19) the Book of Hebrews concludes with a powerful doxology (verses 20-21) and brief greetings (verses 22-25).

We as Christians need to always remember that the bottom line isn't how much we have in the bank or the S&L.  The bottom is that God is committed to us and will never leave nor forsake us.  Jesus has been and always will be the same YESTERDAY, TODAY, and FOREVER. That my Christian Brothers and Sisters is REAL SECURITY.  What has been said about grace in this letter the closing words are appropriate, "Grace be with you all. Amen."

Today's Hymn: "Love Lifted Me"

I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
Very deeply stained within, sinking to raise no more;
But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry,
From the waters lifted me, now safe am I
Love lifted me (even me), Love lifted me (even me)
When nothing else could help, Love lifted me!

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, what a promise you have made to us Father that You would never ever leave nor forsake us.  Help us Holy Spirit to walk in the footsteps of Jesus and to remember  that the grace of Christ is presently and permanently available to all who have trusted in Him as there Lord and Savior.  May we as believers not seek this earth as our permanent home but to seek the eternal city which is in the eternal kingdom.
                                                                                                                                      Amen     
Today's Biblical Truth: "A good conscience is one that is not accusing."

Click on the link at www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com for Today's Bible Verse from Luke 12:22-31.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness. Pray for our Brothers and Sisters who are persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ.  Pray for the nation of Israel and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T", God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment