Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Scripture Reading for Wednesday 30 November 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for for 30 November 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "Jesus' Greatest Claim"
Today's Scripture Reading: John 10:1-42
Today's Key Verse: John 10:27-30 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of my My hand.  My father who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.  I and My Father are One."

Jesus in this chapter of John speaks of familiar things that those who were listening to could relate to.  He describes Himself as the Good Shepherd, willing to give His life for the sheep.  Jesus came as Israel's rightful Messiah and He came openly and honestly. 

When Jesus says in verse 8, "All who come before Me," he is referring to the many false prophets, who aroused national passions and claimed to be sent by God to deliver the people from foreign enemies.  They, however, come to exploit the people rather than serve them, to gain, rather than give.   

The religious leaders here, are only concerned with their own safety and ease and not with the sheep.  Jesus is the Good Shepherd because the sheep are His and we are precious to Him.  He cares about us so much that He willingly that He gave His life for us.  This self-sacrifice is completely voluntary, the true measure of God's love sinful and dying world.  How do we recognize God's people?  What are the marks of faith?  They believe in Jesus, they listen to the voice of Jesus and they follow Him.  Confession, obedience, and allegiance are the marks of the true believer.    Jesus described three characteristics of His sheep: (1) They hear His voice, and he knows them (2) The follow Him (3) They have eternal life that never can be taken away.  God's hands is more powerful than that of any enemy.

Jesus is God.  this is another clear claim by Jesus of deity.  His hearers understood exactly what He meant and they were ready to stone Him for blasphemy.  The Hebrew term for blasphemy means, "to spurn" or "to treat with contempt.  The Greek words means, "to slander", "to speak abusively of", or "to speak lightly of the sacred."  This charge was far more serious that the casual curse or misuse of God's name common in out time.  Jesus was charged with blasphemy because He claimed the right and authority that belonged to God alone.  This fact reminds us that no one can dismiss Jesus as a "good man."  He was either an impious deceiver, a mad man, or exactly what we as believers know is true,  He was the God the Son, God with us in human flesh.

Today's Hymn: "Amazed"

You dance over me while I am unaware, You sing all around, But I never hear the sound
Lord I am amazed by you, Lord I am amazed by You, Lord I am amazed by You
And How You love me
You paint the morning sky with miracles and lines, My hope will always stand
You hold me in Your hand, Lord I am amazed by You, Lord I am Amazed by You
And How You love me
How wide, How deep, How great is your love for me, How wide,
How deep, How great is Your Love for me, And Lord I am amazed by You
Lord I am amazed by You, Lord I am Amazed by You, and how deep Your love is for me

Heaven Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how thankful we are that through Your shed blood and Your Resurrection from the Grave we have through You the victory over Satan.  How wonderful it is to know that You are faithful and good in the promises that You make, and You are there with us to carry us and strengthen us when we need it the most.  May as we speak to others about You, be able to speak out boldly and proclaim as Peter, "Thou art Christ, the son of the living God."
                                                                                                                                      Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The joy of the righteous will be great when there is an end to evil."

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today.  Pray for our Brothers and Sister in Christ who are been persecuted for there Faith and Trust in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Pray also for God's Blessings on the Nation of Israel.  Always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T". GOD Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"Bless the Lord , O my soul, and forget not all His benefits." Psalm 103:2

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi  
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment