Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weekend Bible Verse for Saturday 19 March 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Bible Verse: John 9:1-4: "Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth.  And his disciples asked him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"  Jesus answered, "neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him.  I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.  As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

The beggar was blind from birth.  Beggars would sit by the temple gates to wait for gifts from the worshipers.  Therefore it is likely that this these verses took place near the temple.  In those times it was commonly believed that sickness was a result of sin.  It would follow then that sins committed by the baby still in the womb or sin committed by parents could result in a baby being born with a disease.  Jesus here rejects both of these suggestions.

God allowed the man to be born blind so that Jesus could heal him and thus reveal the works of God, "His Healing Power".

We as Christians come to know the truth by putting the words of Jesus into practice.  We who are blind and cannot see spiritual reality not only come to see reality, but we experience it as well.  Everyday presents each of us opportunity to help others.  We need to be like Jesus in this ministry principle.

Today's Hymn: "Cone To My Rescue"

Falling on my knees in worship, Giving all I am to see Your face
Lord all I am is Yours

My whole life I place in Your hands, God of mercy humbled I bow down
In Your presence at Your throne

I called You answered, And You came to my rescue and I
I wanna be where You are

In my life, be lifted high, In our world be lifted high
In our love be lifted high

Heavenly Father, How thankful we are that Your Son Jesus Christ came to this earth to seek and to save which are lost.  How thankful we are that nothing is to hard nor impossible for you.  Help us Lord to place our all in You.
                                                                                        Amen

"When we are dictate to God's service, our work will bear good fruit"

Have a God Filled and a Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual defeat in your day and you yell out, "I Can't", listen to God who whispers to you "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ
Cindi









No comments:

Post a Comment