Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bible Scripture and Hymn for Wednesday 20 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "Intercession for the King"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 20:1-9
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 20:5  "We will rejoice in your salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners!  May the Lord fulfill all your petitions."

Psalm 20 is a royal Psalm and is a psalm of trust ascribed to David.  The tone of the psalm is one of blessing, such as a king might bestow on his people, perhaps on the eve of battle.  Even the godly King david sensed his need for the prayer support of his people.  Every wise Christians even today yearns for similiar reinforcement from his congregation.

Trust is reliance on God.  Belief can be intellectual.  Trust is far more personal and challenging concept.  Trust in God is resting the full weight of our confidence in Him, counting on Him alone to deliver us.

God can be trusted: (1) To hear us in time of trouble (2) to protect us (3) to  send help (4) to support and strengthen us (5) to give us our heart's desire (6) to make our plans succeed (7) to answer us with saving power.  When God can surely do this for us, we would be foolish not to trust Him.

This poem has three key points:

(1) God's blessing in battle (verses 1-5)
(2The assurance of God's deliverance (verse 6)
(3) An assertion of faith in God the King (verse 7-9)

Today's Hymn: "I Love Your Grace"

I love Your grace, I love Your mercy, I love the way you help me when I call
I love the truth, I love the power of Your name; But You know I love Your presence most of all
My soul takes refuge in the shadow of your wings; Close to You is where I want to be
You are my strength, You are my God, You are my King;
All I want is what you want for me

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit,  You are so worthly of our praise.  Your steadfast love for us never ceases.  Great is your faithfulness O God.  Your power is perfected in weakness, and by Your blood, You are the strength of our life's.

Today's Biblical Truth: "God raises the humble and puts down the arrogant.  God has been and will always be in control human affairs"


                                                                                                        







No comments:

Post a Comment