Monday, April 4, 2011

Bible Scripture for Monday 4 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord Jesus and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "A Prayer of Faith in Time of Distress"
Today's Scripture Reading: "Psalm 6:1-10
Today's Key Verse: "The Lord heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer."

Psalm 6 is a lament that shares elements of a repentance psalms.  David was experiencing what he feared to be a mortal illness.  He sensed that this illness may have fallen on him because of his own sinfulness.  This psalm is similar to those of psalm 4 and 5.  

This psalm has four meanings:

(1) A petition for the Lord's mercy at a time of great pain (verses 1-3)
(2) An affirmation that praise of the Lord comes from the living (verses 4-5)
(3) A description of the psalmist's suffering (verses 6-7)
(4) A rebuke of the psalmist's enemies, for the Lord has heard his prayer (verses 8-10)

Our appeals are made to God's compassion in the confidence that the Lord does care.  God blesses the righteous.  There can be no doubt that God,  when we accept His Son Jesus Christ into our lives, will be faithful and just to forgive us of all our unrighteousness.  Praise the Power, Mercy and Love of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Today's Hymn: "A Living Prayer"

In this world I walk alone, with no place to call my home
But there's one who holds my hand, through rugged roads, through barren lands
The way is dark, the road is steep, but He's become my eyes to see
The strength to climb, my griefs to bear
The Savior lives inside me there
In Your love I find relief, a haven from my unbelief
Take my life and let me be, A living prayer, my God, to Thee

Heavenly Father, We thank you for your mercy and grace that You bestow upon those that have taken Your Son into there life's.  May we as Christians be joyful and full of your peace that passes all understanding as we go out to stand up and tell others about Jesus by our words and our actions.                 
                                                                                                                       Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "I am BLAMELESS  and beyond REPROACH"

Click on the link at www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com for Today's Daily Bible Verse form Mark 10:14-16.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual defeat in your life that yells out, "I CAN'T",  God whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi                 

No comments:

Post a Comment