Monday, April 11, 2011

Bible Scripture for Monay 11 April 2011

"Greeting Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "Trusting in the Salvation of the Lord"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 13:1-6
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 13:5,6 "But I have trusted in your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me."

Chapter 13 is again a lament psalm. Under pressure, David feels forgotten by God and cries out for the Lord to act.  No immediate answer comes, yet David finds peace remembering God's loyal love.  

This psalm is brief, but it is remarkably powerful in its tone and imagery.  This psalm has 3 parts:

(1) A lament of the forsaken (verses 1,2) 
(2) A petition for deliverance (verses 3,4)
(3) A confession and a vow of praise (verses 5,6)

We as Christians need to remember that we need to trust and place our faith in the sovereign Mercy and Grace of our Almighty God and His royal love for us.

Today's Hymn: "Twas a Glad Day When Jesus Found Me"   

"I was lost in sin when Jesus found me, But He rescued me, all glory to His name!
And the cords of worldly pleasure bound me, Till He saved me from sin and shame
'Twas a glad day when Jesus found me, When His strong arms were thrown around me;
When my sins He buried in the deepest sea, and my soul He filled with joy and victory
"Twas a glad day, O hallelujah!  "Twas a glad day He claimed His own
I will shout a glad hosanna in glory, When I see Him upon His throne.

Heavenly Father, Thank you for finding us and rescuing us from my sins and making us all Yours.  Open our eyes and our hearts Lord that we will see you and feel Your loving presence close to us  Give us Your peace Lord knowing that You are a God of Love and mercy.
                                                                                                                                       Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "God is always in control and He does see and He will act"

Click on the link www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com for Today's Bible Verse from Romans 3:23-26.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led day.  Go in Peace and Love the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment