Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Saturday 2 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "The Safety of the Faithful"
Today's Scripture Reading: Genesis 4:1-8
Today's Key Verse: Genesis 4:1 "Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer."

Today's Psalm is linked to Psalm 3.  David is pleading for God's help and he warms his enemies not to wrong him, because he is God's own.  David is able to rejoice despite his desperate circumstances, because all he CARES ABOUT is GOD.  The Lord, not his lost royal glory, is the source of his joy and of his inner peace.  To the Chief Musician would indicate that this psalm if from an early collection of psalms used in temple worship.

The breakdown of this Psalm is :

(1) A petition for deliverance (verse 1)
(2) An address to the wicked, encouraging them to turn from falsehood and to trust in God (verses 2-5)
(3) An assertion that only God is able to provide genuine joy, deep, and abiding safety.

David found comfort in realizing what God was to and for him.

Today's Hymn: "Trading My Sorrows"

I'm trading my sorrows, I'm trading my shame
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord
I'm trading my sickness, I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord 
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord amen
I am pressed but not crushed, persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed, I am blessed beyond the curse
For His promise will endure, that His joy's gonna be my strength
Though the sorrow may last for the night, His joy comes with the morning

Heavenly Father, How thankful we are that You provide us genuine joy, deep peace and abiding safety as our Heavenly Father.  Thank you for Your special care over us and listening to our prayers.

Today's Biblical Truth: "All of our righteousness is found in Him alone"

Click on the link at www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com for the Daily Bible Verse from Revelation 22:18-21.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness. Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual defeat in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi                                                                                               





1 comment:

  1. Genesis 4:1 says that Adam knew his wife Eve and they conceived and bore Cain.........

    ReplyDelete