Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bible Scripture for Saturday 23 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "The Shepherd Psalm"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 23:1-6
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 23:1  "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."

This psalm is one of the best known and most memorized in the Bible.  It is a psalm of trust.  Within the six verses there is a development of the single theme of the first verse: David has no concern of fear, for the Lord is his Shepherd.

Using the images of a sheep in the care of a shepherd and of a guest in the home of a generous host, David celebrates the security afforded by God's protection.

This Psalm also prophetically speaks of Jesus. He is the Good Shepherd whose flock trusts in Him and the King whose perfect rule will be established.

This psalm has two sections:

(1) A description of the Lord as Shepherd caring for our every need (verses 1-4)
(2) A description of the Lord as Shepherd extending His mercy to all (verses 5-6)

Today's Hymn: "Rock Of My Salvation"

You are the rock of my salvation, You are the strength of my life
You are my hope and my inspiration, Lord, unto you will I cry
I believe in You, believe in You, For your faithful love to me.
You have been my help in time of need; Lord, unto You will I cleave.
You are the Rock of my salvation, You are the strength in my life.

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit,   You are indeed the Rock of my salvation and the strength of my life.  You are faithful in Your love for me and You are my help in my times of need.  Your quiet voice and gentle touch refresh me and keeps me close to Thee.
                                                                                                                            Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "With the Lord as our Shepherd, we are pursued by the loving care of the Lord"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Day 7 of the Events of Holy Week leading to the Arrest, Trial, Crucifixion, and Resurrection of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you tell out, "I CAN'T",  God whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ
Cindi
                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment