Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bible Scripture for Thursday 28 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "Freedom from Fear"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 27:1-14
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 27:1   "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid."

This psalm is a psalm of trust and begins with David's affirmation of the reality of God in his life. This psalm presents a strong desire to live in the presence of God and points to the ongoing need for believers to continue to wait on the Lord.  David sets aside his fears, finding release in communion with God and in prayer.

Fear is rooted in a sense of our vulnerability and helplessness.  We as Christians need to remind ourselves that God is our strength and that He is a strongly fortified place.  The bond that God establishes with us in Christ is far stronger that the bond that holds parent and child together.

David in this psalm expresses confident trust in his prayer for deliverance.  He expresses his complete confidence and trust in his God.  On this basis he then feels free to present his petition for deliverance from his enemies.  Finally, he returns full circle to the trust previously stated as the only proper attitude of one who must now wait for God to act.

This psalm has 6 parts: (1) A determination not to fear enemies because of God's presence (verses 1-3); (2) A desire to live in the presence of the Lord (verses 4,5); (3) An affirmation of praise to God (verse 6); (4) A prayer for God's continuing presence (verses 7-10); (5) A prayer for continuing trust in the midst of a life of crisis (verses 11-13); (6) A word of instruction (verse 14).

Today's Hymn: "Purify My Heart"

Purify my heart, touch me with Your cleansing fire
Take me to the cross, Your holiness is my desire
Breathe Your life in me, kindle a love that flows from Your throne
Oh, purify my heart, purify my heart

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit   Thank you for your faithfulness to us in all the circumstances of our lives.  Purify our hearts O Lord, and give us a song within our hearts that we might daily sing praises toy You that glorify and honor Your Holy Name.
                                                                                                                              Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The light of Jesus, delivers us from darkness"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse taken from 1 Corinthians 12:4-6.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment