Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bible Scripture for Tuesday 26 April 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "A Prayer for Guidance"
Today's Scripture Reading Psalm 25:1-22
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 25:4,5  "Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths.  Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day."

In this psalm David turns to God for guidance and forgiveness and finds assurance in God's grace to those who fear Him.  David concludes with an earnest plea for help.

When you pray, fix your eyes on the fact that God is: "Good", "Upright", "Willing to instruct sinners", "Loving", "Faithful" "Forgiving".  What confidence we can have in prayer, not because we pray well, but because of the nature of the God to whom we pray.

This psalm has six parts:

(1) An introduction appeal that David will not be ashamed before his enemies (verses 1-3)
(2) A call for God to forgive David (verses 4-7)
(3) A focus on the character of God (verses 8-10)
(4) A renewed call for God to forgive David (verses 11-18)
(5) A concluding appeal that David will not be ashamed before his enemies (verses 19-21)
(6) A concluding prayer for Israel (verse 22)

The emphasizes of this psalm was David's need for deliverance from his enemies and for forgiveness from His and our Gracious God.

Today's Hymn: "I Stand In Awe"

You are beautiful beyond description, Too marvelous for words;
Too wonderful for comprehension, Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom? Who can fathom the depth of Your love?
You are beautiful beyond description, Majesty enthroned above
And I stand, I stand in awe of You, I stand, I stand in awe of You;
Holy God, to Whom all praise is due, I stand in awe of You.
I stand in awe of You, I stand in awe of You

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  How indeed we stand in awe of our Almighty, all Loving and all Caring God.  Words cannot describe, the deep love we have for you.  We give you complete control Abba Father of our lives, so that wherever you may lead, we will follow.
                                                                                                                                   Amen

Today's Biblical Reference: "Those who fear the Lord pay attention to His instructions and thus learn the secrets of God's wisdom"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from Matthew 28:18-20.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Yours in Christ
Cindi




1 comment:

  1. Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb and that i may think you’re a guru for this issue. High-quality along with your concur permit me to to seize your current give to keep modified by using approaching blog post. Thanks a lot hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done.
    Bible Verses on Faith, Trust and Hope KJV

    ReplyDelete