Monday, July 11, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Monday 11 July 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 11 July 2011"

Before I begin, I would like to Praise the Lord for Saving me one year ago on today's date.  My life has been totally and amazingly transformed in that I am a daughter of the KING.  I stand in awe of what God has done in my life.  Each day is a new adventure with the Lord and I like the Prophet Isaiah in Isaiah 6:8 say, "Here I am Lord, sent me."  Please remember me in your prayers that God continues to use me in this Internet Ministry of getting the Good News of Jesus Christ out to the world.  

Today's Blog Title: "Lament of the Suffering"
Today's Scripture Reading: "Psalm 88:1-18
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 88:1,2 "O Lord, God of my salvation, I have cried out day and night before You.  Let my prayer come before You; Incline Your ear to hear my cry."

Psalm 88 was written by the sons of Korah and is certainly one of the gloomiest psalm in the Book of Psalm.  This psalm show or displays no ray of hope.  Perhaps the psalmist had experienced a tragedy like that of Job for which he had no explanation.  The lack of hope in this psalm is not because he had not prayed; rather he has prayed earnestly and reminds the Lord that he has done so. 

The psalm consist of petition, lament, and a motivation for God to act.  This psalm captures the grief of the suffering saint of every era.  The psalmist shares his anguish and records his prayer.  Despite his prayers, he has suffered and felt despair all his life.

The psalm has five parts: (1) an opening prayer for deliverance (verses 1,2); (2) Herman's impending death (verses 3-5); (3) a complaint about the Lord's attack on Herman (verses 6-8), (4) God's delay in coming to the aid of Herman (verses 9-12); (5) Herman's desperation as he senses no deliverance from the Lord (verses 13-18).

Today's Hymn: "Trust And Obey" (verse 1)

When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word, What a glory He shed on our way!
While we do his good will, He abides with us still, and with all who will trust and obey
Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey

Heaven Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, we are so thankful, that because of our belief and trust in Your Son Jesus Christ, we will not endure Your wrath which we deserve, but we will enjoy Your Love, Care and Grace.  Thank you for the indwelling Holy Spirit who teaches us, guides us, and corrects us.  May we always remember that there is NO other way to be HAPPY in Jesus, but to TRUST and OBEY.
                                                                                                     Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The Lord hears and answers those that call upon Him"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from Isaiah 59:2.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Jesus Reigns
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment