Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Tuesday 26 July 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on 26 July 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "A Sufferer's Meditation"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 102:1-28
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 102:1,2 "Hear my prayer O Lord, And let my cry come to you.  Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my trouble; Incline Your ear to me; In the day that I call, answer me speedily."

Though the author of this psalm is not known, he speaks for the afflicted of all ages who must rely totally on God for relief.  The answer to the psalmist grief is not, in this case, direct divine intervention to alter his situation; rather, the psalmist own reflection on the unchanging nature of God in His dealings with men soothes his troubled mind.

After his introductory petition, the psalmist voices his lament.  His relief comes when he begins verse 12 dramatically with the words "but thou, O Lord", then expounds on the immutability and compassion of the Lord.  Finally, the remaining section heightens the contract between frail man and unchanging God by bringing both themes together.  These statements about God's unchanging nature can just as easily be applied to the Lord Jesus Christ, the believer's refuge today.

Today's Hymn: "I'm Amazed"

Broken by all the times I've failed, and the days I've hung my head in shame
Time and time again I'm driven to my knees, And I find Your great compassion there for me
I'm amazed at all that You do for me; Who am I, that You'd bless me so
I stand in awe of all Your wondrous deeds; You've dealt with me so graciously.

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how thankful it is to know that our life is short and the universe itself is perishable You Abba Father are eternal and in the end we as you servants will live in Your presence for all eternity because of our special relationship we have with You because of Your Son Jesus Christ.
                                                                                                                             Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "When we live for Him the Lord is both pleased and glorified"

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T", God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"Here I Am Lord, Send ME"
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment