Friday, July 22, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Saturday 23 July 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 23 July 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "In Praise of God's Holiness and Forgiveness"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 99:1-9
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 99:9 "Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His holy hill; For the Lord our God is holy."

Psalm 99 is the last set of royal psalm that began with psalm 93.  This psalm praises God as the King of His people.  The psalmist calls all mankind to exalt God because He is holy and because He forgives those who call upon Him.

"Holy" is a technical religious term.  The major emphasis in the concept of holiness is to make a sharp distinction between that which is secular and what is sacred.

This psalm has three parts: (1) praise to the Lord in the greatness of His glory (verses 1-3); (2) praise to the King in the justice of His rule (verse 4,5); (3) praise to the Lord who answers the prayers of His people (verses 6-9).

Today's Hymn: "Fill My Cup Lord" (verse 1)

Like the woman at the well I was seeking, for things that could not satisfy
And then I heard my Savior speaking, "Draw from my well that never shall run dry."
Fill my cup, Lord; I lift it up Lord!  Come and quench this thirsting of my soul
Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more, Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how thankful we are that we serve a Holy and Gracious God and that those who call upon Him are saved by His  Marvelous Grace.  Thank you Abba Father for being the Great King and providing the stability to the universe.
                                                                                                                                           Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "Since God answered the prayers of our ancestors, surely He will continue to answer the prayers of those who call upon Him"

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"Here I Am Lord, Send ME"
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment