Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Wednesday 6 July 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on 6 July 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "Danger and Deliverance"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 83:1-18
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 83:18 "That they may know that You, whose name alone is the Lord, are the most high over all the earth."

Psalm 83 was written by Asaph and the ominous background of this Psalm lies in the threatening confederacy of almost all of Israel's hostile neighbors.  Nowhere in the Old Testament is there such an assortment of enemies arrayed against the nation of Israel.

The curse that Asaph utters against the wicked puts this psalm in the category of the imprecatory psalms.  When we read the strong words written in this psalm, we need to keep in mind that the intent of Asaph is to vindicate the glory of God. 

This psalm has four parts: (1) a call for God to speak out in judgment against the wicked (verses 1-4); (2) a recital of the acts of the wicked (verses 5-8); (3) a recital of God's acts of judgment in the past (verses 9-12); (4) a call for God to judge the wicked (verses 13-18).

Today's Hymn: "He's A Wonderful Savior To Me"

I was lost in sin, but Jesus rescued me, He's a wonderful Savior to me;
I was bound by fear, buts Jesus set me free, He's a wonderful Savior to me
For He's a wonderful Savior to me, He's a wonderful Savior to me
I was lost in sin, but Jesus took me in: He's a wonderful Savior to me.

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit,  as we as Christians are at battle against the spiritual evil forces of the word, we pray that you will supply us with the Full Armor of God that we might prevail and bring You the victory.  You, and You alone Lord, are a Wonderful Savior to me. 
                                                                                                                                  Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "God's delay in judgment upon this earth is an expression of His mercy"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verses from Psalm 48:9
and Psalm 37:4.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Jesus Reigns,
Cindi 

No comments:

Post a Comment