Monday, July 4, 2011

Scripture Reading for Monday 4 July 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on this the 4th of July 2011"

Before I begin today's writing I would like to wish everyone a safe and happy 4th of July.  Remember those in prayer whom have fought and died to give us the religious freedoms that we enjoy today.  Pray that we invite God back not only in our country but in countries around the world that are going through suffering, imprisonment, and death because of there faith and trust in Jesus Christ.  May the name of Jesus Christ be glorified in everything that we do and say.

Today's Blog Title: "A Tabernacles Song"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalms 81:1-16
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 81:10 "I am the Lord your God, Who borough you out of the land of Egypt; Open your mouth wide, and I will find it."

Psalm 81 begins as a psalm of praise and becomes a psalm of admonition, in which the voice of the Lord Himself is heard.   The writer of this psalm is Asaph and tradition identifies this psalm with the Feast of Tabernacles.  Israel is to share the joyful celebration decreed by God at which His people recall His words to them.

This psalm has 6 parts: (1) a call for the people to praise the Lord (verses 1,2); (2) a command for the people to celebrate the New Moon festival (verses 3-5); (3) the Lord's report of His deliverance of His people (verses 6.7); (4) the Lord's admonition concerning idolatry (verses 8-10); (5) the Lord's description of Israel's failure to obey Him (verses  11-12); (6) the Lord's lamentation of Israel's failure to obey (verses 13-16).

Today's Hymn: "A Living Prayer"

In this world I walk alone, with no place to call my home
But there's on who holds my hand, through rugged roads, through barren lands
The way is dark, the road is steep, but He's become my eyes to see
The strength to climb, my griefs to bear, the Savior lives inside me there
In You love I find relief, a haven for my unbelief
Take my life and let it be, a living prayer, my God, to Thee

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit,  help us that when we feel overwhelmed, to remember that your grace overflows into our lives.  Open our hearts and see it and our hearts to receive it.  Open our eyes to see you are calling us to serve in Your name.  Help us to wait patiently upon you for the answers to our questions and to our prayers.
                                                                                                                   Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The Lord invites us as believers to open our mouths so that He can meet their needs"

Clink on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verses from Matthew 7:24-27.

have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Jesus Reigns, 
Cindi     

No comments:

Post a Comment