Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Thursday 16 June 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ'

Today's Blog Title: "In Praise of God's Graciousness"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 67:1-7
Today's Key Verses: Psalm

Psalm 67 is a psalm of praise and serves as a marvelous invocation and doxology in worship.  This psalm calls the nations of the world to praise God and to join Israel in honoring the Creator.

The writer of this psalm builds on the famous "priestly blessing" of Numbers 6:24-26.  He asks that all of God's people might continually praise Him and that God might continue to pour out His blessings on them.

Face shine in Psalm 67:1 symbolizes favor; looking at someone approvingly.  The peoples in verses 2-5  would seem to indicate other nations.  The psalmist is eager for the blessing of salvation to be experienced by all.

Today's Hymn: "Love Lifted Me" (verse 2)

All my heart to Him I'll give, ever to Him I'll cling,
In His blessed presence live, ever His praises sing.
Love so mighty and so true, merits my soul's best songs;
Faithful, loving service, too, to Him belongs
Love lifted me (even me), Love lifted me (even me)
When nothing else could help, Love lifted me!

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit   How thankful we are to know You and to have You as our Lord and Savior.  As the psalmist in Today's Scripture Reading may we as Christians be eager to reach out and spread the Good News of Jesus Christ so that the blessings of salvation might be experienced by all.
                                                                                                            Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "Grace is not intended to make us lax"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from 1 John 2:27.

Have a God filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness. Love God More Today and always remember  that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, BUT I CAN".

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi 

No comments:

Post a Comment