Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Thursday 9 June 2011

"Greetings Everyone on the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "The Cry of the Faint"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 61:1-8
Today's Key Verses: Psalm 61:1-4  "Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer.  From the end of the earth I will cry to You, When my heart is overwhelmed; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy.  I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings."

Psalm 61 is a royal psalm attributed to David and it has elements of lament and trust.  This psalm would have fit into many occasions in David's life when he was distraught from fighting his numerous enemies.  In this psalm he offers his petition, he expresses his trust, he prays his continuing kingship, and he offers a vow of thanksgiving to be delivered when God answers.

David confesses his weakness and seeks strength in God.  His past experience with God encourages him and he promises to praise God in the future.  We as Christians, need to be like David and have that same confidence to come before God and ask for forgiveness not matter what the sin so that God can once again pour out His blessings to us and Thank Him for His continued answer to prayer.

Today's Hymn: "I Need Thee Every Hour" (verse 2)

I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby
Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.
I need Thee, O I need Thee
Every hour I need Thee
O bless me now, my Savior
I come to Thee

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  Help us to bring our petitions and our sins before Thee to seek your forgiveness and in doing so You might pour out Your blessings to us.  Help us when we are tempted to come to You and seek Your help because temptation lose their power when you are near.  Help us Lord to keep our eyes, our hearts and our minds always in tuned to you and Your direction for our lives.
                                                                                                               Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "Protection and deliverance is found in the Lord"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from Romans 5:19.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment