Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Tuesday 7 June 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "Unshakable Trust"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 59: 1-17
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 59:16,17  "But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble.  To you, O my Strength, I will sing praises; For God is my defense, my God of mercy."

In this psalm David cries out as a persecuted innocent man.  Yet he remains confident that his enemies will not harm him, for God will bring them down to demonstrate His royal sovereignty.  Though his enemies snarl at his heels, David continues to trust in God's love and he continues to praise God.   

David in this psalm has a clear vision of God.  Our God today even in David's day is: (1) able to deliver (2) one who punishes the wicked (3) our strength and fortress (4) Earth's ruler and most of all (5) our Loving God.

This psalm has four parts: (1) a prayer for deliverance (verses 1-5); (2) a confident hope (verses 6-10); (3) a renewed prayer for deliverance (verses 11-13); (4) a renewed hope (verses 14-17).

Today's Hymn: "There's Sunshine In My Soul"

There is sunshine in my soul today, More glorious and bright
Than glows in any earthly sky, for Jesus is my Light
O there's sunshine, blessed sunshine, when the peaceful, happy moments roll;
When Jesus shows His smiling face, there is sunshine in the soul

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  May we as Christians as we live upon this earth continue to find in You, continued strength, defense and mercy.  May we in our act of faith sing praises to You for all that You do for us.  Thank you Jesus for being the light of our lives and bringing sunshine to our souls.
                                                                                                                       Amen

Today's Biblical Truth:  "God who is the Commander of the armies of  angels, is also the protector of us His people"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from Esther 4:14.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment