Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Tuesday 21 June 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "The Testimony of the Aged"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 71:1-24
Today's Key Verses: Psalm 71: 5;8 "For you are my hope, O God; You are my trust from my youth."  "Let my mouth be filled with your praise, and with Your glory all the day."

Psalm 71 is a psalm of lament with a major focus on the psalmist trust in God.  This psalm alternates between expressions of desperate need and resolute trust in the Lord.  Verses 5-8 are rich in with expressions of trust and communion with God.  You are hope (verse 5),  You are my trust (verse 5),  You are He, my praise shall be of You  (verse 6) You are my strong refuge (verse 7), Your praise and glory (verse 8).

The psalmist models the way believers should react to suffering.  A believer should completely trust the Lord in a difficult situation, but at the same time cry out to Him for deliverance.  

The psalmist in verses 9 and 18 describes himself as an old man and one who speaks out of mature experience with the Lord.  He prays for help, but affirms His confidence in One he has found faithful from his youth up.  Although in danger, the psalmist will "always have hope and always praise God.  Despite life's troubles, he counts on God to restore him and commits himself to a life of praise.  

Today's Hymn: "Take My Life And Let It Be" (verse 1)

Take my life and let it be, consecrated, Lord, to Thee
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit  May we as Your children always place our faith and confidence in You as Our Lord and Savior.  May we trust You in times of sorrow and trouble and to know that Thou are our strength and fortress.  May we praise and glorify you in everything that we do and say and bring glory to Your Name which is Above Every Name.
                                                                                                                               Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "Trusting in God is never Foolish"

Click on the Link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from Isaiah 40:13.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord in Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment