Friday, June 3, 2011

Scripture Reading for Wednesday 1 June 2011

"Greetings Everyone in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"

Today's Blog Title: "The Antidote to Fear"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 56:1-13
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 56:3,4  "Whenever i am afraid, I will trust in You.  In God (I will praise His word), In God I have put my trust; I will not fear.  What can flesh do to me?"

Fear and trust wage a fierce battle within as David faces enemies who conspire against him.  Trust wins out, as David remains confident that God is with Him.  Fear drove David into Philistine territory where he was recognized and had to pretend madness to escape.  The experience taught David lessons he shared here.

Fear is the anticipation that something terrible may happen to us.  Fear is a positive thing when it helps us avoid dangerous situations.  It's good to teach a child to be afraid to run out into the street.  But fear is negative when it keeps us from doing something we know is right, or moves us to do something that we know is wrong.  Everyone will feel fear.  How we handle it is what counts.

This psalm gives us helpful guidance.  (1) David felt fear, (2) Turned to God to express trust (3) Recalled God's self-revelation in Scripture, and (4) Determined not to expect evil, because God was with him.  It is not a matter of "if" we feel fear, but "when".  Yet when fear comes, it need not victimize us.  See fear as a fresh opportunity to trust God.

Today's Hymn: "Amazing Grace"

Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit Teach us to use fear in a way that we will express total and complete trust in You knowing that You are always with us and have nothing to fear.  Thank you for Your grace that saves me and cleanses me of all my sins.
                                                                                                                    Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The praise of the Lord revolves around His mercy and truth"

Click on the link at http://www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com/ for Today's Bible Verse from 2 Peter 1:16.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God whispers to you, "BUT I CAN". 

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment