Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for 6 September 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 6 September 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "A Prayer for Protection"
Today's Scripture Reading: "141:1-10
Today's Key Verses:
Psalm 141:1,2 "Lord, I cry out to You; Make haste to me!  Give ear to my voice when I cry out to You.  Let my prayer be set before You as incense, The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice."
Psalm 141:8 "But my eyes are upon You, O God the Lord; In You I take refuge; Do not leave my soul destitute."

The occasion of this psalm may be generally as one of sour temptation, both internal and external.  The fact that almost every verse contains the vocabulary of petition adds to the urgency of David's request.  Thus he prays for God's attention for restraint and for refuge.

This psalm is a individual psalm of lament written by David.  There is no particular event cited as the cause for David's distress.  Because this psalm records David's desire for the judgment of His enemies it would fall into the category of a imprecatory psalm.

This psalm has five parts: (1) an introductory cry to the Lord (verses 1,2); (2) a prayer for a guard over David's mouth (verses 3,4); (3) an acceptance of righteous rebuke (verse 5); (4) a vision of the punishment of the wicked (verses 5-7); (5) a statement of confidence in the Lord (verses 8-10).   

Today's Hymn: "Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing"

Come, Thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy, never ceasing, calls for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet, sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount, I'm fixed upon it, mount of Thy redeeming love.

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how thankful we are that we have you in our lives to direct us, guide us and protect us as we serve you our Living and Almighty God.  May we have complete faith and confidence in You Abba Father to know that You will always be there for us and that all we have to do is call upon You and that You will listen to us and answer our prayers.
                                                                                                                             Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "We as Christians need to fix our eyes only on the Lord."

Click on the link at www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com for Today's Bible Verse from James 4;5,6.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you tell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil." Proverbs 1:33)

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

No comments:

Post a Comment