Sunday, September 4, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Sunday 4 September 2011

Today's Blog Title: "Meditation on God's Greatness"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 139:1-24
Today's Key Verses:
Psalm 139:7,8: "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?  If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there."
Psalm 139:14 " I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well."
Psalm 139:23,24 "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." 

Psalm 139 was written by David and is a wisdom psalm of descriptive praise.  The psalm describes the attributes of the Lord not as abstract qualities, but as active qualities by which He relates Himself to His people.

Psalm 139 certainly on of the grandest psalms in all the psalms.  It combines an exposition of the greatness of God's character with the reality of human experience.  From verses 19-22 we find that David wrote the psalm during a time of opposition.  It therefore contains truths that were meaningful to him during these troublesome times.  They may be summarized under four key thoughts as David addresses the Lord You know me (verses 1-6); You are with me (verses 7-12), You created me (verses 13-18), and Your cause is my cause (verses 19-24).

David meditates on the omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence of God.  He then applies these truths to the wicked, whom he calls on God to slay, and to himself, whom he calls on God to examine and to lead.  

Today's Hymn: "My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less"

My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly lean on Jesus name
On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand
All other ground is sinking sand

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how thankful Father we are that You are a loving and caring God.  A God whom loves us so much that You send Your Son Jesus Christ to die upon the Cross of Calvary that we might be saved from our sins and be cleansed from all our unrighteousness.  As Christians how great it is to lean on the Name of Jesus whom saves us from the sinking sand of life.
                                                                                                             Amen

Today's Bible Truth: "The life of a person, and the structure and meaning of that that person's life, are all established from the beginning by God."

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"Do not be afraid of sudden terror, nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught." (Proverbs 3:25,26)

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

   

No comments:

Post a Comment