Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Thursday 8 September 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 8 September 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "A Desperate Cry"
Today's Scripture Reading" Psalm 142:1-7
Today's Key Verses:
Psalm 142:1 "I cry out to the Lord with my voice; With my voice to the Lord I make my supplication."
Psalm 142:7 "Bring my soul out of prison, That I may praise Your name; The righteous shall surround me, For You shall deal bountifully with me."

Psalm 142 is a psalm of individual lament.  It was written by David and provides a specific reference for the setting of the psalm.  The term the cave may refer to one of two occasions on which David hid from King Saul in a cave. One occurred in En Gedi (Psalm 57; 1 Samuel 24).; the other at Adullam (1 Samuel 22:1,2). The second may well be setting for this poem of deep anguish.

This was a time in David's life when it appeared that he was totally alone.  In fact, he began to doubt whether even God was truly for him.  But then we see that David turns to the Lord in prayer.  He cries out for mercy, for he is faint and alone.  Yet in his desperate need he can cry out to God, sure that the Lord will set him free.

Today's Hymn: "I Need Thee Every Hour"

I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill
I need Thee, O I need Thee
Every hour I need Thee
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how wonderful it is know that whenever the storms and trials of life come our way that we have You to turn to for You are the solid ground upon which we stand.  Thank you Father for being there for us in joy or pain and uplifting us with Your power and Your Strength.
                                                                                                                 Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "If we fix our hope in eternity, then nothing that happens in our brief lifetime here on this our temporary home can overcome us."

Click on the link at www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com for Today's Bible Verse from 1 Corinthians 6:19,20.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you cry out, "I CAN"T, God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi

       

No comments:

Post a Comment