Friday, September 2, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Saturday 3 September 2011

"Greetings in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 3 September 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "Praise for Answered Prayer"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 138:1-8
Today's Key Verses:
Psalm 138: 2,3 "I will worship toward Your holy temple; And praise Your name.  For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.  In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in all my soul."
Psalm: 138:7 "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies; And Your right hand will save me."

Psalm 138 was written by David and this psalm of thanksgiving begins with individual praise, but looks froward to universal praise.  The praise offered to God does not change the contemporary troubles, but David does not expect deliverance from them.

David vows to praise God publicly for answering his prayers and wishes that "all the kings of the earth" might praise God too.  He is confident, for his sovereign God will fulfill his purpose  in David's life.

In verse 3, David says, "In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul."  Don't ask God to do for you, but ask Him to make you bold strong in your worship of Him and then do what needs to be done for the Lord.    David captured a basis Biblical Truth when he says, "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me."  God has a purpose to be fulfilled in the life in every believer.

This psalm is has three parts: (1) a declaration of praise to God because of an overwhelming answer to the prayer of the king (verses 1-3); (2) a prophetic vision of a future of a future time when all the kings of the earth will join in the praise of God (verses 4-6); (3) a determination to continually trust in God (verses 7,8).

Today's Hymn: "Great is Thy Faithfulness"

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father; there is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassion's, they fail not; as Thou hast been, Thou forever will be
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy Faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see.  All I have needed Thy hand hath provided; Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how thankful that nothing every changes with You.  That you never change your minds and the promises that You make are as good as in the time of King David just as much as they are today.  Great is Thy faithfulness to us Lord each and every day.
                                                                                                                                  Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "God comes to the humble because they will have regard for Him.  Conversely, He distances Himself from the proud."

Click on the link at www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com for Today's Bible Verse from Romans 8:28-29.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit." (Psalm 34:18)

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi  

No comments:

Post a Comment