Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for 11 August 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus for 11 August 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "A Praise Psalm for Festival Time"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 118:1-29
Today's Key Verses:
Psalm 118:1 "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever!"
Psalm 118:14 " The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation."
Psalm 118:21 "I will praise You, for You have answered me, and have become my salvation."
Psalm 118:24 "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:26 "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!........"
Psalm 118: 28 "You are my God, and I will praise you; You are my God, I will exalt you."

Psalm 118, is a psalm of declarative praise, is the last of the group of psalms called the passover psalms or Hallel psalms, after  the Hebrew word for praise, hallel.  Hallelujah comes from this word.  Theses songs were probably sung by the Savior on the night before His death.

This psalm is sung as a joyful people join the procession at festival time.  God is praised for His enduring love, and His help in triumphing over Israel's enemies is recounted.  These victories foreshadow the messianic triumph to come at history's end.

This psalm has 9 main parts: (1) a call for the praise of God in the community of the redeemed (verses 1-4); (2) a report of confidence in the Lord (verses 5-9); (3) a report of God's deliverance in a time of trouble (verses 10-14); (4) the praise of the Lord by the righteous (verses 15-18); (5) the declaration of the psalmist that he would enter the gate of the city to praise the Lord (verses 19-21); (6) the picture of the rejected cornerstone (verses 22-24); (7) the shout of "Hosanna" by the people in praise of God (verses 25,26); (8) the continuing determination of the psalmist to bring his praise to the Lord (verses 27,28); (9) the renewed call for the praise of God (verse 29).

Today's Hymn: "The Old Rugged Cross"

O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above, to bear it to dark Calvary
So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross, and exchange it someday for a crown

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how thankful we are that we a such a loving Heavenly Father whose mercies endures forever.  May we as believers always remember and proclaim that with God on our side what can man or the world every do to me.  May our ultimate trust be placed only in You Lord for our deliverance and strength comes from You.
                                                                                                                                    Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The Lord is not only our Helper, but also our strength and song."

Click on the link at www.cindi-davis.blogspot.com for Today's Bible Verse from Genesis 1:26.

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T" God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"And He said to me, "It's done! I am the alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirst." (Revelation 21:6)

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi



  




No comments:

Post a Comment