Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bible Scripture Reading for Wednesday 3 August 2011

"Greetings in the name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 3 August 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "A Song of the Messiah"
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 110:1-7
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 110:1 "The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand Till I make Your enemies Your footstool".

This psalm is a royal psalm and is one of the most directly messianic psalms.  It should be read in conjunction with other messianic psalms such as Psalm 2 and 24.  Jesus Himself identified David as the writer of this psalm.

Jesus' interpretation of this psalm in Matthew 22:41-45; Mark 12:35-37; Luke 20:41-44 are crucial for unlocking the psalms meaning.  Also compare Peter's exposition of the psalm in Acts 2:34-36.

The interpretative key to the psalm lies in the identification of "my Lord" in verse 1.  Jesus asserted in verse 1, David was speaking of someone greater than himself.  Since no ordinary son of David could be greater than him, "the Lord" of verse 1 referes to the coming Messiah, God's Son.  This psalm describes a conversation between God the Father and God the Son (verse 1) in which the Father grants the Son royal and priestly honors.

This psalm has four main parts: (1) God's command to the Son to sit at His right hand (verse 1); God's command to the Son to rule in the midst of His enemies (verses 2,3); (3) God's appointment of the Son to be a priest forever (verse 4); God's description of the battle the Son must wage to win His kingdom (verse 5).

Today Hymn: "Fill My Cup Lord" (verse 2)

There are millions in this world who are craving, the pleasures earthly thing afford
But none can match the wondrous treasure, that I find in Jesus Christ My Lord
Fill my cup, Lord; I lift it up Lord, ! Come and quench this thirsting of my soul
Bread of heaven, Feed me till I want no more, Fill my cup. fill it up and make me whole!

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how thankful we are that You Jesus stand at the right side of Your Father and intercept for us.  Thank you Father for you Love, Mercy and Marvelous Grace that has washed away our sins and cleansed us from all our unrighteousness.
                                                                                                                                           Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The position to stand at the right hand of God the Father was given to Jesus our Savior upon His resurrection and ascension. "

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go In Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"Here I Am Lord, Send ME"
Cindi

    


No comments:

Post a Comment