Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bilbe Scripture Reading for Saturday 20 August 2011

"Greetings in the Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for 20 August 2011"

Today's Blog Title: "The Lord the Defense of His People" (Day 5 of the "Songs of the Ascent" or "Pilgrim Song").
Today's Scripture Reading: Psalm 124:1-8
Today's Key Verse: Psalm 124:8 "Our help is in the name of the Lord, Who has made heaven and earth."

Psalm 124 is one of the four 'Songs of Ascent" attributed to David and is a psalm of declarative praise.  This psalm was likely designed to be read aloud.  It reflects on deliverance from danger.  From a realization of the Lord's help, David moves to the appropriate response to the Lord's help.

This psalm recalls and acknowledges God's protection in the past.  What God has done for us gives us confidence in what He will do for us in the future.

Today's Hymn: "Twas A Glad When Jesus Found Me"

I was lost in sin when Jesus found me, But He rescued me, all glory to His name!
And the cords of worldly pleasure bound me, Till He saved me from sin and shame
'Twas a glad day when Jesus found me, When His strong arms were thrown around me;
When my sins He buried in the deepest sea, And my soul He filled with joy and victory.
'Twas a glad day, O Hallelujah!  "Twas a glad day He claimed His own
I will shout a glad hosanna in glory, when I see Him upon His throne.

Heavenly Father, Lord Jesus, Holy Spirit, how thankful we are Lord, that you rescued us that we deserved as sinners when you died upon the Cross of Calvary shedding your blood for our sins.  Thank you the Holy Spirit's life changing transformation.  Thank you for the fact that when we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior we became sons and daughters of the King.
                                                                                                                                        Amen

Today's Biblical Truth: "The call of God should receive priority over everything else."

Have a God Filled and Spirit Led Day.  Go in Peace and Serve the Lord our God with Gladness.  Love God More Today and always remember that when you have a spiritual dilemma in your life and you yell out, "I CAN'T",  God Whispers to you, "BUT I CAN".

"He shall call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him." (Psalm 91:15)

Your Sister in Christ,
Cindi        

No comments:

Post a Comment